Here is a list of the major educational outreach programs carried out in the U.S. by the Office of Education within the broader framework of the Ministry of Education of Spain’s foreign education policies:
- Summer courses for American teachers and education administrators. There are two kinds of courses: Three week courses on various education areas such as language, culture, methodology or fine arts and two-summer Masters. They are organized by prestigious Spanish Universities and targeted to K-12 teachers, education administrators and Community College teachers.
- Visiting Teachers in the USA and Canada. This program offers U.S. and Canadian school districts the opportunity to recruit foreign language and bilingual teachers from Spain to teach at elementary, middle and high school levels. At the same time it provides students, parents and educators with the opportunity to work with professionals who are native speakers of the target language, bringing a valuable international perspective to American or Canadian classrooms.
- North American Language and Culture Assistants Program (NALCAP): This is a cultural Exchange program in which American and Canadian college students and graduates partner with elementary and secondary schools in Spain to bolster language programs, as teaching assistants under the supervision and guidance of teachers of English or French as a World/Foreign Language.
- Spanish Language Assistants in the United States and Canada: Through the Language Assistant program, young Spanish graduates are placed in Elementary, Middle, and High Schools or in Spanish Resource Centers at Universities in the United States and Canada in order to support the teaching of Spanish.
- International Spanish Academies (ISA) The International Spanish Academies are part of a network of strongly language committed schools in the U.S. and Canada that implement Spanish immersion programs.
- School of the Year: Academic excellence awards.
- Seminars and Conventions. The Education Office participates in numerous foreign language conferences: ACTFL, AATSP, CASLT, NABE, NAFSA, etc. and preiodically organizes professional seminars and events for administrators and educators.
- University Actions. Collaborate with the internationalization strategy of Spanish Universities. The education advisor, through collaboration, hopes to expand upon the actions of the Spanish Office of Education in the United States by implementing the same programs currently taking place in the United States and Canada.
- Summer courses for A.P. students Targeted to High School students who wish to improve their skills in preparation for the Advanced Placement Spanish Language and Literature exams.